Wednesday, May 6, 2015

#FOMO

I have a theory.  Or a guideline.  A guiding principle; that's the word.

O magnum mysterium,

It's better to suffer tomorrow for experiences today.  And so, I am up at 11:47p for my 6:00a wakeup.  Not an awfully short night, but a breaking of an otherwise strict schedule.

et admirabile sacramentum,
Not to do schoolwork, perish the thought -- obviously, I accomplished today's duties hours ago.  To make new friends, who I will probably never see again after tomorrow.  A little zen in my personal life.

ut animalia viderent Dominum natum,
 Dinner, getting a chinese, as Wendy would say.  Then, an impromptu dessert party, devolving quickly into a hunt for the perfect duet to sing with Katie.  Not my idea.  None of this night is my idea, but saying no is not part of the guiding principle.

It doesn't turn into a duet.  It turns into a trio.  Anyone will sing, given a safe place to do so.

jacentem in praesepio!
You find the best parts of people by giving them that safe place.  Those are the parts I want to experience.  Devoid of cynicism, fool among friends.

Beata Virgo, cujus viscera

But to find the best parts of yourself, you have to make your own safe place.  If you spend your time waiting for somebody to provide your safety, you will simply waste too much time.

meruerunt portare

So. Less cynical. More going along with mystery plans.  More yes.

Dominum Christum.

I ramble. I'm getting comfortable.  But in the back of my head, I wonder constantly, "am I still waiting?"

Alleluia.

No comments:

Post a Comment