Monday, June 1, 2015

Seeking Shelter

A home inspector once told me, "The purpose of every house in all of history is to keep the rain off."
I wonder if the inner monologue will still be audible, when life gets noisy again.

I've quite grown to like it.

I wanted to write more tonight. Wanted to write about a dream I had, where I used sarcasm to mask my panic and 2 people died because of it.  Where a steel structure built to withstand the storm of the century met the storm of the millennium.  Where I used sarcasm to stay calm in a crisis and 2 other people lived because of it.  Where building for the best and planning for the worst meant most of us made it out.

But I can't force the words, and I can't keep the images from fading.  Little wisdom today, but I can prepare for dreams, and maybe the next ones will stick around to write down.

No comments:

Post a Comment