Sunday, April 5, 2015

Apologies for the delay

But that's the last time - it's best for everyone if we just ignore dates.  Reliable internet connections are scarcer than water out here.

Drove to ABQ.  First stop, Los Pollos Hermanos:

No joke, their burritos are delicious.

From there, I had some time to kill, so I went to see It Follows, which I'm still trying to figure out in my head. I liked it quite a bit, I think, but it was not very scary, as far as horror movies go.

Shortly thereafter, it was time to grab Bonnie from the airport.  We've been together for 10 years now, and married for almost 7, but I still get a little nervous occasionally when seeing her for the first time in a while.  I think of it like being a paratrooper, getting ready to jump.  I'm 100% confident while I'm falling, but right before the jump a little voice asks, "What if you fail horribly, and fall flat on your face."

Except, you know, mine's metaphorical.

We drove through the night, which was a tiny bit frustrating, as I worry I've listened to all the good This American Life episodes. But, it was worth the long night to get somewhere I've wanted to take Bonnie for a long time.  And despite the fact that I've only seen maybe 2 canyons, I'm pretty sure this is the best one:










Because we started at the Grand Canyon before sunrise, we finished pretty early, which gave us time to get to the bustling metropolis of Page, AZ, where we did important Southwest-y things like eating mexican food and watching Furious 7 at a movie theater with just one screen.

Earlier today I had to take an emergency nap because I suddenly felt like I was just pretending to be conscious.  My eyelids are trying to rekindle that feeling now, so I'm off to bed, to rest up for our next adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment